About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Challenge Day 60 - Reb Cavalry and Commanders WIP

Howdy folks!

I've been making slow but steady progress on the Reb cavalry and commanders. I've still got a lot of work to do though, so I suspect that these won't be finished in time to submit this weekend. Unless tomorrow night's session is very productive of course, but it would be cutting things very fine indeed.

Anyway, here are some pics of the current WIP state of them:






The only variable colour thing left to do on them is the hats (and generals' hair), so that will make things a lot easier. Once I've finished this post, I'll probably do the boots/shoes and maybe the flesh if there's time before I go to bed.

the one bit of detailing I'm not looking forward to is painting the facings and the officers' (possibly just the generals' and staff's) gold braid on the sleeves. I might separate those sticks out and finish them next week, leaving me free to focus on the cavalry.

6 comments:

  1. Another splendid haul of points coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamsin,
    These look terrific. Might I suggest just one teensy, weensy thing? Try painting aa few of the kepis gray, with a black bill. Then run a line of yellow around the bottom of the cloth part of the kepi. The CSA used yellow to denote that a man was in the cavalry and could be found on the collar and cuffs. And a gray kepi looks nice!
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive Tamsim and the details amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive Tamsim and the details amazing.

    ReplyDelete