About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Tuesday 5 July 2016

Super Monday

Especially super because it's the start of two weeks off work!

Not that I'll be going anywhere or getting much figure painting done - I'm using my time off for restoring my flat now that the building work and decorating is finished. Tomorrow I've got the rest of the rubbish being taken away (old furniture and stuff), then I'll be ordering some new furniture (bookshelves, dresser and TV unit for the living room, some bookshelves for my hobby workroom), putting them together and shifting them into place, getting my things back from the self storage facility and gradually unpacking all the boxes. Depending on how that goes, I might manage to make a start on the SYW Russian foot I primed last week.

Also super because I finished off the supers today. Yesterday I stuck them all onto 25mm washers and added some modelling paste to build up the washers to the level of the figure bases. Today I have been painting the bases and finishing the last three supers. As they've all had some work done, I decided to take pics of them together.


Dr E-Vil and the Dark Avenger





Ka-Pow and Mach-3





Dangeress and Fury





So, now they're done these will be making their way into the grubby mitts of my friend at work who will be using them for some games with his kids. Unfortunately, he may ask me to paint some more...

9 comments:

  1. While I am not a super hero fan you have painted these very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're fabulous: very Golden Age. Hope the refurb of the flat goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super indeed and best of luck with the reorganising, I plan to do something similar over here in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work and good luck with the flat refurbish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't say 'unfortunately' - I'd love to see some more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your two weeks of vacation. It sounds as if you have enough on your plate to find it challenging to create painting time. Don't overdo any one day - there will always be more to do tomorrow. Now back to my latest project.
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Clint - thanks! As I've said before, these aren't really my "thang" but they were fun to paint :)

    @ Herbert - cheers! The refurb is long finished, but I've still got to refurnish and refill :)

    @ Michael A - thanks! Good luck with your potential reorg :)

    @ Da Gobbo Grotto - cheers! :)

    @ Francis - cheers and cheers! :)

    @ Hobbyworker - thanks! :)

    @ Natholeon - cheers! The "unfortunately" is because, being fun to do, they are too much of a distraction from "proper" painting ;)

    @ Jerry - will do! Luckily "Le Tour" is on, so that will force me to take a break for a couple of hours in the afternoons :)

    ReplyDelete