About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 14 August 2016

WIP SYW Russian Cavalry Day 6

I got back to London this afternoon. While I was down at my dad's I did get some hobby stuff done - spray priming the sections for six Sarissa "City Block" buildings. The interior panels have been primed white so that I can airbrush appropriate wall colours. And doors and windows, but I'll want to make some masks for that. I'll be doing that and then assembling them soon.

Anyway, once I had unpacked, had a drink, opened my mail and watched the end of the women's marathon, I decided it was time to crack on and make a start on painting the hussars. I've done the base coats for the uniforms and shabraques, then the washes.






Tomorrow evening I'll be doing first passes for the rest of the (non-metal) colours and washing the flesh. Tuesday will be highlighting, detailing and metals, Wednesday will be touch-ups and varnishing. Of course, that assumes that all goes to plan...

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Those blues and yellows really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear the you had a productive visit and straight back into the swing of things when you got home - impressive stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paint job...look really colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Bill - cheers! Those colours will be popping even more when they're finished :)

    @ Michael A - thanks m'Lord! :)

    @ Markus - cheers! If you like them now, when those colours are highlighted you'll be in for a treat :)

    ReplyDelete