About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 18 August 2016

WIP SYW Russian Cavalry Day Ten

I did get the varnishing done last night and even got them all glued onto the bases. That left me free to add the basing gunk when I got home from work this evening. As well as the hussars, the "hussar" general and the wagons are being done at this point. The following pic was taken a couple of hours ago, just after I'd finished adding the gunk.



The gunk should be cured enough for drybrushing when I get up tomorrow morning; I'll also glue the wagons into position on their bases. I'll do the flocking on Sunday evening when I get home from my dad's. You'll get some nice close-up pics then.

6 comments:

  1. Great work Tamsin, and thanks for the early morning inspiration - reading "The gunk should be cured enough for drybrushing when I get up tomorrow morning" got me to put down the laptop and flock some bases :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very nicely done and nearly completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and those wagons too. Always adds to an army.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and as mentionned above like the addition of bagage elements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Clint - cheers! :)

    @ Bill - thanks and glad to have spurred you into action on your won figures! :)

    @ Simon - cheers! :)

    @ Dannoc - thanks! Not sure that the wagons will ever get used in games, but they're nice to have :)

    @ Wargames News & Terrain - cheers! Baggage is always good to have, if only to give your opponent something to aim for :)

    ReplyDelete