About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 9 January 2017

AHPC7 - Challenge Day 20

I didn't make as much progress on the hussars today as planned, but that's because I decided to make a start on 39 Cossacks as well this morning. I've painted all the horses:





This evening I've been painting the first of the uniform colours - blue for the Novoserbskiy (shabraque, pelisse and sabretache) and green for the Slavianoserbskiy (shabraque, pelise, dolman and sabretache):





The base colours might look a bit bright, but the colour should darken after I've washed them. Then it's onto the red - dolmans for the Novoserbskiy and breeches for both, followed by a wash.

The London Underground strike is on tomorrow, so I'll be taking the day as annual leave - if I really puch things, I should get these chappies finished by the end of the day. Once they're complete I'll be able to work on the Cossacks. If I get them all done in time, that will be a nice points bomb for Monday!

3 comments:

  1. That's an awful lot of horse flesh Tamsin, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tremendous output as ever. Well done - I do horse in batches of 16 and still take longer then you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Michael A - thanks m'Lord! :)

    @ Paul R - cheers! That was almost a full Sunday though :)

    ReplyDelete