About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 4 November 2017

Finished: 15mm Ming Chinese Baggage Elements

I finished painting the Chinese porters and barrow-men last night And started thinking about base composition for the baggage elements. For ADLG you need a 40x80mm base but for FoGR you need one that is 80x120mm. Simple solution - make up 3 elements of 40x80mm. Problem - not enough figures for three bases. Solution - figures on two bases and leave the third one blank.

It was still missing something, but I had a thought - I had a spare horse archer figure from ages back who I could add as a guard. I dug the figure out, glued the rider to the horse and the horse to a painting stick then primed it last night. I managed to get him finished by late afternoon then glued all the figures onto the two bases. Once the superglue had cured I made a start on doing the basing. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I actually managed to take them all the way through to flocking this evening.

Time now for pics:






The porters and barrow-men are from Essex, the horse archer is Old Glory 15s.


Tomorrow I'll be making a start on another spear & bow unit. These chaps will be "poor" as I need at least one of those for FoGR.

11 comments:

  1. I really like hose figures - great character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kind of unit, and this one is superb, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to worry about you, are you not sleeping? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking porters and the horse archer really adds to the base.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work Tamsin. You are a machine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very VERY attractive models and superb modelling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Norm - cheers! :)

    @ Martin - thanks! :)

    @ Phil - merci! :)

    @ Michael - yes, I am sleeping thanks! :)

    @ Dannoc - cheers! If nothing else,it was a good way to use up that spare archer :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ Steve - cheers! :)

    @ Dean - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like civilian bases like these. Wonderful work Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete