About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Finished: 15mm Ming Chinese Spear & Dao Unit #2



A slight delay on finishing these off as I decided to paint up some more figures quickly and do all the basing at the same time (there will be a separate "finished" post for those). The basing got done yesterday and I did the dry-brushing and flocking this morning.






Millsy wanted to know what was on the officer's shield, so here's a close-up:



I've got four more infantry units prepped for painting and then it's onto cavalry and generals. I need to order a few more packs (handgunners, archers, heavy cavalry) at some point.

7 comments:

  1. Splendid units...and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely superb post. Very relevant to wake up and sip my coffee too as well, as I have just recently resumed my long term 6mm (irregular miniatures) 55 Days at Peking project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They definitely look the part! Your diligence to our excellent hobby is inspirational!
    I feel guilty at how slowly I am getting Ahsoka Tano and Maul painted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look superb Tamsin! Amazingly characterful given the size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another cracking unit. You've picked out some great detail, like the coat edges and the shield.
    Impressive as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Phil - merci! I was quite happy to find that I had a yellow and green flag to give them :)

    @ Steve - thanks! 6mm 55 Days campaign? Sounds fun :)

    @ Paul - cheers! :)

    @ Herkybird - thanks! If I was truly diligent, I'd be finishing off some unfinished projects rather than starting new ones though ;)

    @ Michael - cheers! :)

    @ Dannoc - thanks! The shield design was a whim :)

    ReplyDelete